Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) My Controls · View New Posts

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finding Out Boyfriend Has Online Dating Profile, Cheating?
OfflineOrion1
post 02/27/12 09:44 PM
Post #1

AMVU Freshman
Group: Registered Users

Hello All- I'm baaack!
I have very fond memoriea of all of the support I have received here in tbe past, which is why I am now returning to such a great place to try to figure things out.
Stayed with my ambivalent man and actually had a real relationship building up(or so I thought), until a friend of mine relictantly told me that she had had her online profile viewed my my boyfriend of over 4 years! She said she had sat on it for a week to be absolutely sure, and then she showed me- there was his profile and it had been active within 24 hrs! Argh! A knife went through my heart as I had been to Ireland with him and his mom and met his extended family in August. AND we had just spent the holidays with each other and each other's families- everthing was going great, I thought.
If you are familiar with my posts from the past, I have been through a lot with this guy- basically feeling like I am teaching him relationship 101. I felt so betrayed - such a betrayal of the trust I had in him. No indications, no idea this was even coming! I felt saw raw, angry and hurt that I ended it. He tried to take me to dinner, sent me a mushy card and tried to get me to meet with him before I blocked his phone number and email so that I would mot be tempted to backslide. Help? I am so confused
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Offlineaussiegirl
post 02/27/12 10:28 PM
Post #2

AMVU Junior
Group: Peer Moderator
Relationship Status: Married

Confused about what exactly? I think it's pretty clear that you did what you had to and ended it.

Did you tell him why? What was his "explanation"?

You did the right thing. Don't go back.

--------------------
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

+Quote Post
OfflineHealing Light
post 02/27/12 10:34 PM
Post #3

AMVU Freshman
Relationship Status: Single

Orion,

Ditto to what aussie said. You did the right thing. If your man, who you have described as ambivalent, was still surfing after four years, you better believe you deserve someone better! Any woman would have felt gutted with that information.

I hope you don't backtrack, for your sake. What a major betrayal!

+Quote Post
OfflineOrion1
post 02/27/12 11:04 PM
Post #4

AMVU Freshman

Hello Aussiegirl- really great to connect with you again!
Confused to find out it happened- a bit in shock- feeling like I shoulda woulda coulda- you know- The flying monkeys trapped in my head. He got through on my text before I blocked it and said he wasn't sure how i felt about him (despite the fact it was me that first said I love you- and he never volunteered it on his own), that sometimes I seemed really happy and other times distant-isn't that part of any relationship?? Basically feeling guilt for I don't know what. He never talked to me about any of this before he did what he did. Oh, and then I saw him out with a girl 2 weeks later! Ugh!!
Guess I am just seeking strengh and validation from you all at this time and some words of wisdom to help leave it all behind and move forward. I have blocked his phone number and email as contact from him was just too painful. What the hell??

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 10/01/14 04:10 AM

1-888-MARS-VENUS