> Torn Between His Needs And Mine ...
OfflineHealing Light
post 05/17/11 08:29 PM
Post #5

AMVU Freshman
Group: Registered Users
Relationship Status: Single

Definitely take the job!!!

Ultimately, you aren't doing your husband any service if you are unhappy with your circumstances. I agree that if you continue to turn down opportunities, you will increasingly become even more unhappy and resentful to the point where your feelings will seep into the relationship. I think accepting this job offer is something you should do for YOU first and foremost.

Also, I don't think for a minute that your husband will prioritize you or respect your needs in any significant way if you continue to be at his beck and call without outside interests. Remember, your husband fell in love with you when you had a career and a support system. I believe men lose respect for women whose universe revolves around them (they see it as a silent form of pressure even when you aren't placing demands) without quite knowing why.

I think that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by accepting this job. If it turns out that your husband is upset by this move, do you really want a man who doesn't place much importance on the fulfillment of your dreams, needs, and happiness?

If you already feel that you are losing self-esteem by being sheltered in a foreign place just to be with him, imagine how much worse that feeling will be in several years from now with more missed opportunities.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OfflineMandyKay
post 05/17/11 09:33 PM
Post #6

AMVU Bachelor's Degree
Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Why did you marry this M? Was there anything good about it?

I wonder because if you married a guy like this, under these circumstances, it sounds like your self esteem was broken a long, long time ago (no offense).

--------------------
Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

+Quote Post
OfflineMandyKay
post 05/17/11 09:37 PM
Post #7

AMVU Bachelor's Degree
Relationship Status: In a Relationship

As for your inquiry, it's my personal opinion that in a marriage big decisions like this need to be discussed together. I'm all about burning bras and a liberated women, but when vows are made, they are sacred. It sounds like you got into this marriage knowing fulling that your role would be to be a "traditional/homemaker" V, no?

--------------------
Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

+Quote Post
Offlinerookie37
post 03/24/12 09:03 PM
Post #8

AMVU Freshman

I

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 12/20/14 10:21 AM

1-888-MARS-VENUS