Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) My Controls · View New Posts

> What does this mean? Martians Help!, match.com says when they've been online.
OfflineLanny
post 10/31/04 11:16 PM
Post #1

AMVU Freshman
Group: Registered Users

I made an excited post earlier about my guy IMing me this morning ( after a fabulous date last night ) that he is considering us being exclusive. Well, now I am not so sure. You see, I've been keeping things cool, not wanting to push, but when we first started dating (2 months ago, met online 3 months ago) that he was keeping all options open and still was planning on meeting people. I know I've had some issues with chasing adn I was trying really hard not to push. Well, in the meantime, I've been checking his profile on Match when I'm online to see if he was active (match states when the member was last on.) All last week, the number of days he was last active kept increasing (and I was getting excited) and when I checked it after he talked to me about wanting to be exclusive I looked and it said "Active within 1 week". I was thrilled, he had never gone that long without being active. I was thinking Wow, he's really serious about this. All day today, I've felt more confident about our relationship. I wasn't even nervous that I wouldn't be around today due to family obligations. I confidently went on to my sister's place feeling a natural high that he was getting serious about 'us'.

Then the let down. Before I left my sister's place, I logged on to match. I wanted to show her this great guy I found. And when I pulled up his profile, it stated, "Active within 1 hour" I'm devestated. What does this mean? Is he considering exclusivity? I am so confused. All I know is I hid my profile when we had been seeing each other a month. Am I just driving myself crazy for checking?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Offlinealioop
post 11/02/04 08:30 PM
Post #2

AMVU Freshman
Group: Registered Users

It could mean that he got an email from someone and out of curiosity checked it out. It doesn't mean he was "surfing" the girls.Most likely he got a wink or an email and you know how tempting that is!! I would advise you to put your profile back up until he ASKS you to take it down and if he mentions it just say casually " I figured I was a bit premature in taking it down-once we really decide to become exclusive and BOTH take ours down then I will"
Also make sure you log on about every day b/c he will check and it makes you look as if you are getting lots of hits.The thing is he has no motivation to take his down when you have already done so? He has you right where he wants you and is also free to converse with others.Men like a bit of competition and if he really likesyou he won't want anyone going near his girl!!
Don't mention him taking his down or you putting yours back up just wait and see what he says about it- continue to date him and be as nice as always.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Time is now: 07/29/14 12:35 AM

1-888-MARS-VENUS